This is a quick and easy side dish or meal to help you get your veggie on an dalso get a good amount of fiber in your system. 🙂 Sorry for the blurry picture. I’m not the best photographer. 😉
- 6 Roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 4 Persian cucumbers, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons flax oil (can subsititue with EVOO or a mixture of the two)
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar (add as much as you like)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- Freshly ground pink Himalayan salt (or sea salt), to taste
- 1 teaspoon Chia seeds
(Serves approx 3 people or 1 HUNGRY person)
Mix all the ingredients, except Chia seeds in a bowl. Once mixed, place on serving dish and sprinkle Chia seeds on top. This dish is refreshing and will give you at least 6 grams of fiber per serving and a good dose of Omega-3’s.
You can serve this on top of salad greens or along side grilled chicken or roasted lamb. You can add a bit of crumbled feta cheese as well.