I don’t want to call this a shake review because this is not really a shake, but you can add it into shakes if you want. 😉 I love Amazing Grass products and this is no exception. This is pure 100% organic, whole leaf wheat grass powder. One serving of this equals 5-6 serving of veggies and fruits, but I would never use this to replace your veggie servings. Do. Not. Do. That!
If you have ever tried to juice wheat grass, it is a bit of a pain the the behind, you need a special juicer that can slowly extract the juice and clean up can be tough. While drinking freshly juiced grass is preferable, this is a great alternative.
Here are the product highlights from the Amazing Grass website.
- Increases & sustains energy naturally
- Detoxifies and cleanses your body
- High alkalinity helps balance acidic pH levels
- Strengthens immune system
- Complete food with enzymes & all essential amino acids
- Natural source of antioxidants to help repair damaged cells
- Field grown outdoors through winter
- Vegan, Gluten Free and RawPer
8 gram serving, Amazing Grass Wheat Grass offers:
- A naturally balanced source of Phytonutrients & Carotenoids
- 2x more dietary fiber than an 8 gram serving of oat bran
- 2x more iron than a 30 gram serving of fresh spinach
- Excellent source of folic acid, beta carotene & vitamin C
I like to add it to a glass of low sugar lemonade or Yamamotoyama iced green tea. You can also freeze it in ice cube trays and add to smoothies or for parties (which you will get plenty of questions about. lol). I can’t say enough good things about this product. A 30 serving canister runs around $25.00.
Here are some great recipes using Wheat Grass powder:
- Oh She Glows – Classic Green Monster
- SparkPeople – Wheatgrass smoothie
- Enjoy Indian Food – Wheatgrass Lemonade
- Love Your Healthy Life – My Super Delicious and Healthy Berry Smoothie